5970 Meeres Rd.
Fort Belvoir, VA 22060
ph: (703) 781-2700
fax: (703) 781-2797
email web curator: Kathy.Murdock@fcps.edu
Last updated September 1, 2009
Ft. Belvoir Elementary School is very proud of its beautiful cafeteria. The following information is provided to you regarding the Food Services Program provided for Grades K-6.
- The food manager's working hours are 7:15 a.m. - 2:45 p.m.
- For current menus and lunch and breakfast prices visit http://www.fcps.edu/parents/schlunch.htm. Click on the menus for Elementary Schools-Traditional Calender for information. Children may bring lunch from home and purchase milk or juice. Parents may prepay for their child's meals. Money pre-paid will go on the student's account for meals and ala carte purchases. Students are told their account number, which they enter on a keypad in the lunch line. Parents may specify how their child's meal money is to be used. Parents may set up an online account to pay for meals at
- Phone calls (703-781-2721) regarding food-related inquiries are welcomed during the above hours. Please keep in mind, however, that the manager may not be able to answer calls at food delivery times (early morning) and serving times.
- Federal and state food, health, and safety regulations state that parents and staff (other than food service personnel) may not travel through the kitchen area beyond the serving lines. If you need to see the manager, please ask for assistance from behind the serving lines. Visitors should check into the front office first.
- Questions concerning free and reduced application status should be directed to the Office of Food and Nutrition Service at (703) 813-4800. This information is strictly confidential, and local school food managers do not determine and/or process such applications. The only information the local school has access to is the status of the application (approved or denied) and what the status is once processed (free, reduced, or full-priced).
- The FCPS Food Service Managers are not allowed to charge lunches for students who forget their lunch money or whose balance on lunch cards are depleted. Students are given reminders when their meal card balances are low. Students not having lunch money may be given cereal and a milk (effective Jan. 10, 2000).
- Juice can be substituted for milk if the parent provides the food service manager with a written notification from a health care professional stating that the student cannot drink milk. This medical notification is mandated by federal regulation.
We hope this information will help parents to plan for their children's school meals.