M-F: 8:30am - 3:30pm
Regular Hours: 7:45am - 4:15pm
Summer Hours: 9:00am - 1:00pm
Contact: Nikita Gibbs
Hours Mon - Fri: 7:15am-6:15pm
Follow us on Twitter
Welcome to Fox Mill ES!
- Fox Mill Library open in July. The Fox Mill library will be open every Wednesday in July from 9 a.m. - 12 noon. Current students are invited to come in and browse and check out books. Hope to see you soon.
- School resumes September 6, 2016. Have a wonderful and safe summer. See you in September.
- Kindergarten Playdate.
Aug 19 2016,
Fox Mill ES Playground. Come to this informal event to meet our Principal, Assistant Principal, and other kindergarten students and families!
- Meet our new Assistant Principal. Kathryn Greene brings instructional knowledge, experience, and enthusiasm to Fox Mill ES. Ms. Greene started working for Fairfax County Public Schools in 1994 and has served as a classroom teacher, Gifted and Talented Specialist, Instructional Coach, Title 1 Math Coach, and Assistant Principal. She has successfully lead teacher teams in a variety of professional development sessions which have included Project Based Learning, Cognitive Guided Instruction in mathematics, and data dialogues. Ms. Greene received her B.A. in Sociology from Trinity College, Washington, DC, her M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction from George Mason University and her administrative endorsement from University of Virginia. She has one son who is a proud graduate of the South Lakes pyramid. Ms. Greene is looking forward to building relationships with the students, staff, and parent community of Fox Mill ES.
- Sign up for News You Choose. This system replaces the Keep in Touch Plus subscription portal. Use this link to sign up: News You Choose
- PTA Membership Form (PDF Link to form). Please consider joining the PTA to support your student(s) and our school.
- Bell Schedule for 2015-2016. School begins at 8:45 am and dismisses at 3:30 pm. Doors will open at 8:30 am.
- Follow us on Twitter and/or Facebook: @FoxMillES (Twitter); Fox Mill Elementary School (Facebook).
- Flyers from Non-Profit Organizations. Fox Mill will send hard copy materials of nonprofit organizations to students’ homes twice during the year: on Tuesday, September 13, 2016 and Tuesday, February 7, 2017. Any organization wishing to present a flyer must submit it for principal approval by Tuesday, September 6, 2016 or Tuesday, January 31, 2017. All flyers shall include the following disclaimer: These materials are neither sponsored nor endorsed by the Fairfax County School Board, the Superintendent, or this school
- Day-by-day Literacy. See information on day by day literacy activities for parents with young children on Parents page.
- Kiss-and-Ride map links - Link
- Stay Connected with Keep in Touch and Family Connection. Please refer to this web page on the Fairfax County site for information on how families can keep abreast of important information.