Welcome to Fort Hunt Elementary!
Hour of Code!
The Hour of Code is coming! In celebration of Computer Science Education Week (Dec. 8-12), we're participating in the Hour of Code and learning more about what it means to write code and program (though we'll be extending our coding into the following week as well). Check out this video about the Hour of Code and visit the Hour of Code website for some great activities and resources!
Each grade level will be working on some great coding activities (and so many more can be found on the HOC website!):
- Kindergarten and 1st Grade: The Foos!
- 2nd Grade: Tynker Build Your Own Game
- 3rd and 4th Grade: Coding with Anna and Elsa and Tynker Build Your Own Game
- 5th Grade: Make a Flappy Bird Game and Robomind Academy
- 6th Grade: Bitsbox Make a Game and Robomind Academy
- Other coding activities: Made with Code, Lightbot, Scratch
Join the fun this winter- fill out this form after reading THREE books this winter and you'll be invited to a Winter Readers' Celebration! We will pick the reader from each grade level that reads the most books who will have a special role in our party! You can log all of the books you read from now until February 20th! See you at the celebration!
Have you liked us on Facebook yet? Check out our page for some great pictures and updates on what's happening around the school.
New PTA Website
Check out the new PTA Website- you can join the PTA, sign up to volunteer, become a part of the directory, and so much more!