No parking is a new FCHS initiative to ensure all students are staying on task with their learning and educational responsibility. No parking ensures that all students showing up for school will complete their work and participate. Outlined below is the process for students found parking. No Parking Sign
Steps for Moving a Parked Student
TEACHER --> STUDENT
- Teacher conferences with student individually to discuss the need to complete work AND DETERMINE WHY THE WORK WAS NOT COMPLETED.
- Teacher establishes a deadline for completion of work.
- Teacher contacts parent and counselor to let them know about the discussion. Teacher contacts coaches (if applicable) to let them know about the situation.
If student does not complete the work by deadline then go to the next step. (Strike One)
- Teacher assigns after school detention with them for work to be completed.
If student does not complete work in ASD, then go to the next step (Strike Two).
TEACHER --> DEAN --> COUNSELOR
- Teacher contacts student’s dean.
- Dean assigns Saturday Learning seminar.
- Dean contacts parent and counselor to set up a mandatory parent conference.
If student does not complete the work /or attend the seminar then go to the next step. (Strike Three)
DEAN --> ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL
- Dean contacts assistant principal and student is assigned ISS until work is done.
- AP contacts parent and counselor.
- Possible activity and/or privilege suspension.