Health & Medical Sciences
Click HERE to be directed to the FCPS Health and Medical Sciences Webpage.
Penny Kelly - Fire/EMS
Rick Schubert - Pharmacy Tech
Suzanne Shaw - Dental Careers
Lynda Vincent - Special Ed Resource Teacher
The health and medical sciences program provides broad and specialized courses leading to a variety of health career choices.
Competency-based training facilitates career preparation in areas such as allied health, nursing, animal care, dental hygiene, wellness, rehabilitation, and emergency response.
The health and medical sciences program is designed to meet the following objectives:
- Promotes and facilitates entry into higher education health career programs.
- Prepares students with competencies required for employment in the health care industry.
- Provides practical application of learned skills required in a variety of health care settings.
- Introduces secondary students to careers in the health field.
- Enables students to become knowledgeable consumers of healthcare services.
Professional educators provide a learning and competency-based atmosphere that allow the students to actively prepare to successfully enter the professional work environment by:
- Developing critical thinking skills pertaining to their specialized area.
- Gaining entry-level marketable skills.
- Being able to make informed decisions about their future.
- Receiving college credit for the course.
Students will successfully complete the curriculum and become recognized in the community as competent leaders and healthcare workers.