Hours: 7:15 a.m. to 2:15 p.m.
Phone Number: 703-924-8010
The Clinic Aide may be seen after obtaining a pass from your teacher. Students will not be excused to go home without permission from a parent, legal guardian, or authorized emergency care contact as designated on the Emergency Care Card. In an emergency when medical attention is required, every effort will be made to contact authorized individuals.
- Medications should be taken at home whenever possible to prevent the student from losing valuable classroom time or having a shortened lunch period. Any medication taken in school must have a parent/guardian-signed authorization. Prescription medications require physician orders. The parent/guardian must transport prescription medication to the clinic.
- No medication may be accepted by school personnel without receipt of complete and appropriate medication forms.
- A physician may use office stationary or a prescription pad in lieu of completing the above-mentioned authorization forms. A physician may issue samples. Whether a physician-issued prescription or sample the following information is required: student's name, date of birth, diagnosis, medication name, dosage, time to be taken, duration of medication, sequence if more than one medication is to be taken, side effects, physician signature, and date.
- The first dose of any new medication must be given at home.
- The parent/guardian is responsible for submitting a new form to the school each time there is a change in the dosage or in a time at which medication is to be taken.
- All medication kept in the school will be stored in a locked area accessible only to authorized personnel.
- Within one week after the expiration of the effective date on the physician order, the parent/guardian must personally collect any unused portion of the medication. Medications that are not claimed within that period will be destroyed.
- The Fairfax County Health Department and the Fairfax County Public Schools do not assume responsibility for unauthorized medication taken by the student himself or herself.
- In no case may any health or school staff member facilitate the taking of any medication outside the framework of the procedures outline here and/or in FCPS regulations.
Edison High School's mission is to maximize achievement and success for all students in a climate which:
•Fosters Personal Responsibility
•Respects Cultural Diversity
Thomas A Edison HS
5801 Franconia Rd
Alexandria, VA 22310
Pamela Brumfield, Principal
CEEB Code 470 052
9th grade & 10th-12th grade A-Garb Sub School 1:
10th-12th grade Garcia-Z Sub School 2:
Web Site Curator:
This web page contains links to one or more pages that are outside the FCPS network. FCPS does not control the content or relevancy of these pages.