Every child’s potential is a reality.
To make every child’s potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children.
Edison High School Parent Teacher Student Association
2012-2013 Meeting Dates & Key School Events Calendar
Meeting Time: 7:00-8:00 PM
Location: EHS Library
The Edison High School PTSA is hosting its first of the year Homework Hangout (H-H) this Saturday, October 13, 2012 from 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM in the Career Center. Students should bring any homework assignments they have or any school work they want to review. Students should bring enough to consume the two hours and remember to bring supplies and other materials such as notes, notebooks, pens, pencils, and calculators.
Separately, adult and/or peer tutors are needed to help in Math, Science and English. (Student tutors can earn community service hours; so, please bring your forms to be signed.) If you are interested in volunteering for Homework Hangout please contact Dallice Joyner at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your support, even for one hour is greatly appreciated.
Remember that H-H is every Saturday - same time – same place (unless otherwise indicated). Thank you in advance for supporting the PTSA and their desire to help all students excel academically.
- PTSA Meeting: Tuesday, January 15
- MLK Jr. Holiday: January 21
- Second Grading Period Ends: January 25
- Student Holidays: January 28-29
- Thomas Edison’s Birthday: February 11
- President’s Day Holiday: February 18
- PTSA Meeting: Tuesday, February 19
- Touching Bases: March 8
- Spring Break: March 25-29
- PTSA Meeting: Tuesday, March 19
- Third Grading Period Ends: April 12
- Student Holiday: April 15
- PTSA Meeting: Tuesday, April 16
- PTSA Meeting: Tuesday, May 21
- Memorial Day Holiday: May 27
- Graduation : June 14
- Last Day of School: June 18
- No PTSA Meeting Held
Join the PTSA
Your membership dues are the primary source of funding for PTSA programs and projects, such as scholarships for Mock SAT/ACT testing and boot camps, PTSA Student Directory, newsletters, special student and parent programs, senior scholarships, teacher/faculty educational grants, teacher appreciation events and gifts, and much more. We can’t do it without your support!
PTSA membership dues are $10 for parents/guardians, teachers/faculty, students, and community members. For online payments: https://ehsptsa.jbfsecure.com/
- Every PTSA member receives a complimentary Student Directory, one per membership. Student Directories are available only through PTSA membership. Student Directories are distributed during our October or November PTSA meeting.
- Seniors can qualify for scholarships through Edison’s PTSA and the National PTA. Underclassman and seniors can earn service hours by attending meetings and volunteering for PTSA sponsored events.
- Teachers/faculty can submit requests for educational grants.
- Discounts are also available to members at participating businesses when you present your membership card.
Contact the PTSA at email@example.com