We have an excellent school with an amazing staff, extraordinary families, wonderful community and the best students in the world, and we are excited for you to join us! Below are some informational links to help ease your transition into CRS and the community. If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact Chris Redding (registrar) at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-288-8400.
Churchill Road Critical Information
- Churchill Road Parent Teacher Association (PTA): The PTA is one of our greatest assets, which helps set CRS above other schools. The PTA relies on all parents to get involved with their children’s education in some way, and this makes for a more advanced education and stronger community. The PTA coordinates most volunteer opportunities both inside and outside the classroom, after school enrichment programs, community gatherings like the parents vs. teachers basketball game and movie night, and supplements supplies needed for teaching programs. Please take time and browse their website and consider how you can best contribute.
- Main FCPS Parent Information Page
- Blackboard/FCPS 24/7 Learning Parent View: Learn how to set up your own Parent View account on the Blackboard/FCPS 24-7 Learning system, so you can keep track of your child(ren)'s class information as well as update emergency care information. (NOTE: Parent View account validation will be possible at both Back-to-School Nights, so please bring your registration code and photo ID to the appropriate BTSN.)
- Advanced Academic Program: If you have additional questions, please contact Corinne Almquist, CRS' Advanced Academic Resource Teacher.
- New Elementary Mathematics Instructional Sequence: If you have additional questions, please contact Cheryl Bamdad, CRS' Math Lead Teacher .
- School Age Child Care Program (SACC): Register ASAP as there is a long waiting list for after school care at CRS.
- Keep-in-Touch (KIT): Sign up for Keep In Touch – it is the best way to get emergency information & up-to-date communication from FCPS.
- CRS Parent Norms: Find information about late arrivals, early departures, forgotten items and more
- Free and Reduced Lunch Forms: The forms and information are completely confidential and will not be shared with teachers or administrators, and no other children will ever know. The children use PIN numbers to purchase their food, and only the cafeteria manager knows how much each child pays for the meal.
- FCPS Family Life Education Instructional Program: FCPS provides a comprehensive, sequential Family Life Education (FLE) program for kindergarten through grade twelve. The FLE program is designed to provide students with the knowledge, attitudes, and skills to make healthy, responsible, respectful, and life-enhancing decisions related to human growth and development, relationships, substance abuse, and emotional and social health. Instruction is seen as a partnership among parents and guardians, the school, and the community in supporting the learning essential to the development of strong families, positive relationships, and a healthy community. Parents/guardians may choose to opt their child out of all or part of the Family Life Education program. Students who are opted out are provided with age-appropriate, nonpunitive alternative health instruction, and every effort is made to foster respect for family choices. If you wish to opt your child out of all or part of FLE for this school year, or would like more detailed information about grade level programs, please access the opt out forms, opt out letter, and program descriptions for each grade level at the link above. If you have any questions about this program, please contact Corinne Almquist.
- Program of Studies & SOL
- Parent Resource Center
- Family and School Partnerships
- Online Textbooks
- Academics and Programs
- Child Care Options: Locate child care centers based on zip code using this Fairfax County Government link. This is a good place to start, as it does include schools as well as child care/after school care.
- McLean Community Center
- Washington Post Going Out Guide
- Our-Kids.com: Excellent synopsis of family friendly events and activities in the area, and for $26 a year, you will get weekly emails about the best family activities in VA, DC and MD.
- Kennedy Center Programs for Young Audiences: See also the Millennium Stage schedule for FREE performances every day of the year!
- Claude Moore Colonial Farm: Visit an 18th century farm right in our own backyard.
- Clemyjontri Playground: Fun park for children with all abilities and disabilities, nice carousel, and clean bathroom facilities.
- Fairfax County Park Authority: Check out the latest Parktakes for classes, events and programs throughout the county.
- Langley Swim and Tennis Club: Many CRS families gather here during the hot summer months, but beware… the wait list is long.
- Glen Echo Park: Well worth the trip across the river (but only about 15 minutes away) to ride the famous Dentzel Carousel alone, but try to catch a performance at The Puppet Co. Playhouse or Adventure Theatre and save some time for Discovery Creek.
Other Useful Links
The Tysons-area School-Based Technology Specialists put together this series of Internet Safety Newsletters for Parents.