Welcome to Cherry Run Elementary
* Friday, January 23rd is Hat Day
Students can wear their favorite hat (but NO crazy hats!)
* Hat Drive for Ellie’s Hats January 23rd -February 6th
for more information parents can visit www.ellieshats.org
* January 29th - Early Release for Students
Students will be release two hours early
* January 30th & February 2nd - No School
* Thursday, February 12th is When I Grow Up Day
(students can dress up as their future career choice)
* Thursday, February 12th - Cherry Run Career Day.
Students in grades 4-6 will have an opportunity to visit the Career Fair in the Blue Theatre from 9:45-12:45. Parent volunteers should contact Ms. Hurley as soon as possible at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cherry Run has a FACEBOOK page!
Keep up with what's going on at Cherry Run ES. Check us out and "Like" our page!
FCPS Google Apps for Education (GAE) is an integrated communication and collaboration solution, hosted by Google and managed by FCPS. GAE allows FCPS students to communicate, store files and collaborate with other students on documents, spreadsheets, and presentations in real time from school or home. FCPS Google Apps is not accessible by anyone outside of FCPS, so your child will be able to work and collaborate in a safe and secure online environment. Please click the link above to read important information put out by FCPS about GAE. Cherry Run Parent Info Letter
The FCPS Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) program allows students and staff at Cherry Run to access our wireless network with their personal devices (laptops, netbooks, tablets, smart phones, etc) during the school day for educational purposes. Students may use their own devices to access the internet and collaborate with other students in the classroom. Participating is OPTIONAL.
Please click here to read more information about FCPS BYOD policy.
- Students/parents are responsible for the security, maintenance, and repair of the device.
- FCPS staff will not store, support, repair, or troubleshoot student owned devices.
- Device must be fully charged prior to bringing it to school (no charging during the school day).
- Student must know how to use device and will connect to the FCPSmobile WiFi using their FCPS domain login.
- Students are bound to and must comply with FCPS Regulations 6410, 2601, 6401, and DIT Technical Bulletin 302 while on FCPS property, involved in any FCPS sponsored event/activity, or when using FCPS resources, regardless of who owns the computer or device used by student or how it is connected.
- The FCPS Acceptable Use Policy in the Student Rights and Responsibilities now includes permission for BYOD.
- Teacher discretion if/when a student is allowed to use their BYOD for instructional use, which does not include phone calls, texting, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Device free zones: hallways, cafeteria, recess, restrooms, field trips.
Download the new FCPS Mobile App today to stay connected on your mobile device!