Welcome to Cherry Run Elementary
Have a Great Summer!!!
Cherry Run Elementary School Summer Office Hours
Most days 10 a.m.-2 p.m., please call main office first, 703-923-2800
Register for Kindergarten Now!
If you have a kindergartner or know someone who has a child planning to start at Cherry Run in the fall, please have them register with the front office.
Pre-Order Your School Supply Kits for Next School Year! (Deadline June 30)
Ordering is being done online just like last year and you have until June 30 to place your order. Kits will then be ready for pickup at the Back to School Celebration in the fall. If you order a school supply kit, you will get a voucher to get $5 off/family for PTA Membership next year!
Please Save Your Box Tops and Campbell’s Labels Over the Summer!
Please save your Box Tops and labels over the summer – the PTA will have a big collection when returning to school in the fall.
Congratulations to Our Four Retiring Teachers and Staff!
We have been celebrating them and wish the following Cherry Run staff members the best in their retirement:
Mrs. Vickie Barringer, KG Instructional Assistant
Mrs. Debbie Daly, 3rd Grade Teacher
Mrs. Joann Maguire, Instructional Assistant
Mr. Wayne Sydnor, Custodian
Congratulations, 6th Grade Class!
We will miss you next year! Please come back and visit as you will always be part of the Cherry Run family. Good luck and congratulations on a job well done!
Rising 6th and 7th Grade Summer Reading Lists
This summer, Fairfax County Public Schools (FCPS) will continue a summer reading requirement in order to encourage reading. Rising 6th and 7th grade students are required to read at least one FICTION book over the summer months. 6th graders going to Lake Braddock are required to complete the appropriate graphic organizer for English 7 or for English 7 Honors/AAC. Follow-up activities have been developed by the teachers at Lake Braddock, and these will be implemented in the fall. Below is a link to the list of suggested books for summer reading; however, students may read any book that is comparable to books on this list and approved by their parents. Reading is crucial to academic achievement, we urge you to encourage your child to read many books, magazines, and newspaper articles over the summer months.
FCPS Summer Reading List –Rising 6th and 7th graders
LB Graphic Organizers
Rising K-2 Students-Summer Literacy Activities
Following is a website that provides daily literacy activities to enjoy with your children over the summer.
Cherry Run has a FACEBOOK page!
Keep up with what's going on at Cherry Run ES. Check us out and "Like" our page!
FCPS Google Apps for Education (GAE) is an integrated communication and collaboration solution, hosted by Google and managed by FCPS. GAE allows FCPS students to communicate, store files and collaborate with other students on documents, spreadsheets, and presentations in real time from school or home. FCPS Google Apps is not accessible by anyone outside of FCPS, so your child will be able to work and collaborate in a safe and secure online environment. Please click the link above to read important information put out by FCPS about GAE. Cherry Run Parent Info Letter
The FCPS Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) program allows students and staff at Cherry Run to access our wireless network with their personal devices (laptops, netbooks, tablets, smart phones, etc) during the school day for educational purposes. Students may use their own devices to access the internet and collaborate with other students in the classroom. Participating is OPTIONAL.
Please click here to read more information about FCPS BYOD policy.
- Students/parents are responsible for the security, maintenance, and repair of the device.
- FCPS staff will not store, support, repair, or troubleshoot student owned devices.
- Device must be fully charged prior to bringing it to school (no charging during the school day).
- Student must know how to use device and will connect to the FCPSmobile WiFi using their FCPS domain login.
- Students are bound to and must comply with FCPS Regulations 6410, 2601, 6401, and DIT Technical Bulletin 302 while on FCPS property, involved in any FCPS sponsored event/activity, or when using FCPS resources, regardless of who owns the computer or device used by student or how it is connected.
- The FCPS Acceptable Use Policy in the Student Rights and Responsibilities now includes permission for BYOD.
- Teacher discretion if/when a student is allowed to use their BYOD for instructional use, which does not include phone calls, texting, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Device free zones: hallways, cafeteria, recess, restrooms, field trips.
Download the new FCPS Mobile App today to stay connected on your mobile device!