Welcome to Cherry Run Elementary
Cherry Run Elementary School Summer Office Hours
10 a.m.-2 p.m., please call main office first - 703-923-2800
Student Registration Information
What's Happening at Cherry Run?
New family to Cherry Run Elementary? Please join us for these fun filled events to meet other families in the community. All events are hosted by Cherry Run PTA. Click links for more information about...
Pool Party - August 17th
For new families to Cherry Run - Come join us for swimming, light snacks, and good conversation with other Cherry Run families.
Kindergarten Playdate! - August 30th
All incoming Cherry Run Elementary Kindergarteners are welcome to come meet new friends and enjoy a little playtime on the playground. Have a ton of fun and help make that first day a little easier!
Bowling - September 2nd
We want to meet you! Please join some seasoned Cherry Run families and spend a fun morning making friends and bowling!
Other CRES Information and News
Please Save Your Box Tops and Campbell’s Labels Over the Summer!
Please save your Box Tops and labels over the summer – the PTA will have a big collection when returning to school in the fall.
Rising K-2 Students-Summer Literacy Activities
Following is a website that provides daily literacy activities to enjoy with your children over the summer.
Technology Updates and Announcements
Cherry Run has a FACEBOOK page!
Keep up with what's going on at Cherry Run ES. Check us out and "Like" our page!
FCPS Google Apps for Education (GAE) is an integrated communication and collaboration solution, hosted by Google and managed by FCPS. GAE allows FCPS students to communicate, store files and collaborate with other students on documents, spreadsheets, and presentations in real time from school or home. FCPS Google Apps is not accessible by anyone outside of FCPS, so your child will be able to work and collaborate in a safe and secure online environment. Please click the link above to read important information put out by FCPS about GAE. Cherry Run Parent Info Letter
The FCPS Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) program allows students and staff at Cherry Run to access our wireless network with their personal devices (laptops, netbooks, tablets, smart phones, etc) during the school day for educational purposes. Students may use their own devices to access the internet and collaborate with other students in the classroom. Participating is OPTIONAL.
Please click here to read more information about FCPS BYOD policy.
- Students/parents are responsible for the security, maintenance, and repair of the device.
- FCPS staff will not store, support, repair, or troubleshoot student owned devices.
- Device must be fully charged prior to bringing it to school (no charging during the school day).
- Student must know how to use device and will connect to the FCPSmobile WiFi using their FCPS domain login.
- Students are bound to and must comply with FCPS Regulations 6410, 2601, 6401, and DIT Technical Bulletin 302 while on FCPS property, involved in any FCPS sponsored event/activity, or when using FCPS resources, regardless of who owns the computer or device used by student or how it is connected.
- The FCPS Acceptable Use Policy in the Student Rights and Responsibilities now includes permission for BYOD.
- Teacher discretion if/when a student is allowed to use their BYOD for instructional use, which does not include phone calls, texting, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Device free zones: hallways, cafeteria, recess, restrooms, field trips.
Download the new FCPS Mobile App today to stay connected on your mobile device!