FCPS Career Connections Home Page
Parents need to register for an FCPS 24-7 Learning Parent View account. Students can access Career Connections through their FCPS 24-7 Learning Site.
Career CruisingDo What You Want
Career information, post secondary education, interest inventories.
What is your personality type? Use this program to discover your strengths and weaknesses.
This extensive database, developed by Virginia Tech, gives career information and employment opportunities throughout the state of Virginia. Database also includes college information.
This online program provides extensive information on careers, a career inventory, selecting a college major, and college information. Use the directions in the next link to use program
Bridges: Interest Inventory
- Distribute handouts of codes and directions
- Click on Bridges icon (portfolio.bridges.com)
- Create a new portfolio
a. SITE ID (See handout of codes)
b. Password (See handout of codes)
c. Portfolio name (student’s name)d. Portfolio password (student’s password)
- Go to Guidance Central
- Go to Plan
- Go to Work
- Go to Interest Profiler (Choose English or Spanish. Questions are in Spanish, but all answers and results are still in English.)
- Complete questions.
- Review top Interest Areas.
- Scroll down to the Ranking of Interest Areas.
- Click on the top one. Look at the careers listed.
- Repeat with other Areas.
- Scroll up. Check out the careers.
Adventures in Education
This site provide links to pages with information on hundreds of different careers, the Occupational Outlook Handbook, developing career goals, managing your money, and more. Learn about a career that interests you and tips on how to pursue your career goals.
Mapping Your Future
This online site helps students research careers, colleges, develop a career plan, and take interest and skills inventories.