- Seniors click here for senior announcements.
- Click here to see the SOL testing schedule.
- Click here to see the end of the year testing schedule.
The Undergrad Awards Ceremony will be held on May 28th at 7 PM in the Theatre. Department and community awards will be presented. Students who are being recognized will receive an invitation to this event in the mail.
The Senior Awards Ceremony will be held June 4th at 7:30 pm. Seniors who have accepted academic/merit scholarships will be recognized. CVHS Departments will also recognize excellence in their individual subjects. Invitations will be mailed to the families of seniors who will be recognized.
- Have you bought your yearbook yet? Yearbooks will be here the first week of June so you better be sure you have one. There will be a Last Chance Sale during all A Day lunches from May 20-May 31. This is your last chance to buy your book for $80 before it goes up on distribution day to $90. At this point in the year, we accept cash only. Click here for a $5 off coupon. Check this Pre-Order List to see if you have already purchased your book. If you have any questions, please email Melissa.Rife1@fcps.edu.
The 4th Annual JazzCats Café will be on Friday, May 31st at 7 PM in the school cafeteria. Two outstanding bands will perform live jazz music. The Centreville High School JazzCats plus the world renowned Dave Detwiler & The White House Band will play for your enjoyment. Tickets are available either in advance via email or at the door. Advance tickets are only $8. Please email: email@example.com. Tickets at the door are $10. The ticket price includes admission to the cafe, terrific music, plus tasty treats: a non-alcoholic drink and dessert. Go to http://cvhsband.org or contact Cathy Dettmer at (703) 830-2992 for more information.
- Join the Choral Department for its summer concert, Broadway Pops on Wednesday, June 5 and Thursday, June 6, 2013 at 7:30 pm. The concert will feature all the choirs, as well as various soloists and student-directed a cappella group. Songs include favorites from Broadway shows like Dreamgirls, Hairspray, and Grease! This concert is entertaining for all ages, and is a wonderful way to welcome in summer. Tickets are free for students and $5.00 for general admission. We hope to see you all there!
Countdown to Graduation. Graduation is June 18, 2013 at 9:30 a.m. at The Patriot Center on The George Mason Campus. Graduation ceremony pictures and videos are available. Please check the senior webpage for ordering information. Check with your honor societies for chords!Boys must wear a shirt and tie, and girls must wear a solid light color dress or pants. Click here for more info.
- Senior Carnival will be on Thursday, June 13th on the track and field from 8 AM - 11 AM. There will be carnival rides, inflatables, and food. Feel free to bring footballs, soccer balls, and blankets to spread out and play on the turf. Admission and activities are free for all seniors that have paid their dues. Breakfast food and drinks will be on sale at the concession stand. If you want to attend, you MUST pay your dues by May 31st. If they are not paid, you will not receive a ticket for admittance. All dues or debts must be paid in CASH ONLY after May 15th.
- Prom is on June 7th from 8 PM - 12 Midnight at the Waterford in Fairlakes. Tickets will be on sale May 29, 30, 31 and June 3, 4, 5 in the cafeteria during all lunches. The cost is $65 a ticket. Students must fill out this form and return it to bring a guest to prom. Click here for the PDF.
- The CVHS all night, alcohol free graduation party will take place on Tuesday, June 18 at Dave and Busters. The party will take place from 12 midnight until 5 AM with buses departing CVHS at 10:30 PM on June 18th. Tickets are now $70 to the beginning of June. Click here to access the online permission form. Click here for more information.
- Seniors that have completed at least 50 hours of community service throughout high school that think they qualify for the Civic Seal can click here to download the application. Applications due by May 31.
- School tours for new students to Centreville High School will be available to students and parents by appointment. School Tours for New Students to Centreville High School will be available to students and parents by appointment. To make an appointment, please contact Karen Clifton at 703-802- 5422. Tours will begin promptly at 2:45. Students with their parent should meet in the Office of Student Services. After the tour concludes, you will have an opportunity to meet with a member of the counseling team to answer any questions you may have. Tour dates will be May 22nd and June 12.
- Students looking to document volunteer service hours for activities or service learning credit can down load the volunteer service hours log form here.
- As a part of classroom driver education instruction, students and their parent/guardian are required to attend a 90-minute traffic safety program. This requirement must be met before a student will receive a Driver Education Certificate of Completion (DEC-1 card). Parents and students MUST come together, sit together, and leave together for the Safe Teen Driving seminar. Registration will begin at 6:15pm and doors will be locked at 7:00pm. No one will be admitted after the doors are locked. All parents and students need to attend ONE of these sessions before the student will be issued a driver's license. It is preferred that your student attend during the quarter they have driver's ed with Mr. Ferrick. Also, arrive early as there is sometimes a line. Click here for more information.
The future dates for the safe teen driving seminar are:
Wednesday, May 22, 2013
- SPIRITWEAR - Centreville HS spiritwear - not associated with any sport - can be purchased through the Athletic Boosters. Call Janice Lee (703) 502-3938 or 5Lees@cox.net. Hoodies, t-shirts, flannel lounge pants, snuggies and megaphones are currently for sale. Proceeds support all sports at CVHS.